Re: Zimbra zero-day exploit

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 02:25:45PM -0800, Xueshan Feng wrote:
> >
> > Steve,
> >
> > Shouldn't 7071 only open to some internal network/bastion host? The quick
> > fix probably is to tighten up the port 7071 access.
> >
> > I also tried to run the code on a system that has access to a test ZCS
> > 8.0.5 server's port 7071.
>
> I can confirm 8.0.5 seems to be safe.

8.0.4 is also fine, but it might be a matter of adjusting query strings to count for the version differences.
It is safer to limit the admin port to known system through hardware and
host based firewall rules. There is no need to open 7071 to untrusted systems.

Xueshan

--

Xueshan Feng <sfeng@stanford.edu>
Technical Lead, IT Services, Stanford University