Re: Performance issues after upgrading to Zimbra 8.0.7

--On Monday, August 25, 2014 8:07 PM -0700 Steve Hillman <hillman@sfu.ca> wrote:

Did anyone else see a massive load spike on their LDAP servers after
upgrading? Do you run master/slave or multi-master? Zimbra Support is
recommending we switch to multi-master but I don't see that making a huge
difference to performance, and they haven't so far explained to me the
basis for their recommendation.

The MMR recommendation was not a performance recommendation. The recommendation I specifically made when asked was to spin up a 3rd node as a secondary master, and promote the existing replica as a tertiary master. There's no reason for replicas to exist anymore. If you have MMR, you have no single point of failure anymore with the master. I would also advise correctly setting the ldap_url value in particular across your stores so that they evenly disperse load among your ldap servers.

Hope that helps!

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount