Re: Zimbra Calendar, Outlook, and changing Organizer strings

Hi folks,
  We have a very obscure issue that centres around inconsistency in the Organizer string of a meeting, and we think Outlook (or the Connector) is partially to blame. I'll go into the details momentarily in the hopes that someone from Zimbra on this list can forward the question to a deep calendar engineer, because going through Support for issues like this is generally hopeless. But first a more general question: This is just one of many issues that we can generally nail down to Outlook causing, and we're wondering what other campuses' views are on Outlook and Zimbra? Fully support? Support but discourage? Don't support but allow, or banned for life? We're in the "don't support but allow" camp right now.

I can't help with your issue but we fully support Outlook as a Zimbra client for staff members.  (And the user is advised of
all of its limitations that are known to us.) We do not allow it's use by students.

--

Patrick Landry
Director, UCSS