Would it be possible for you to submit this to stat-jobs? This is the company I worked at for 10 years. It's an excellent organization, owned and run by statisticians. Although they indicate that they want experienced biostatisticians, new masters students with some interest in biostatistics and any co-op experience in health research would be enthusiastically received.
The EMMES Corporation, founded in 1977, is a successful contract research organization based in Rockville, Maryland, dedicated to the support of medical research with a public health impact. EMMES is looking for PhD level biostatisticians or experienced Master's level
biostatisticians to join our collaborative and accomplished statistical team.
• Provides sound strategic, scientific and statistical input to support our clients' medical research projects.
• Responsible for the scientific integrity of the clinical studies and the accuracy of the reported results.
• Authors the protocol statistical section, incorporating appropriate statistical methods for study design and analysis.
• Additional duties include the review of all project protocols and case report forms to ensure that protocol objectives are met and standards are maintained, and generation of treatment assignments in randomized clinical trials.
• Leads the team's development of study analysis plans and statistical programs to perform analyses and display study data.
• Authors the results sections of the clinical study report and/or scientific publication.
• Represents EMMES at meetings of clinical investigators, Data and Safety Monitoring Committees, and FDA or other regulatory meetings.
• Engages in discussions and research, both inside and outside of EMMES, to improve statistical or clinical trials methodology.
• A PhD in Statistics/Biostatistics with exposure to clinical trials is preferred.
• Master's level candidates with equivalent experience will be considered.
• Sound knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics is required, with an emphasis on methods appropriate for biomedical and public health sciences.
• The candidate should have experience with statistical software packages including SAS, and preferably Splus or R.
• Leadership ability and excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills are required.
*For immediate consideration please submit your resume and apply directly through the company website at www.emmes.com
Please visit our website at http://www.emmes.com/
for additional information on our company, studies and history.