Are you a detail-oriented professional who thinks strategically? Consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to showcase your analytical and statistical analysis skills in support of Ontario's health system strategy.
In this role as a Methodologist, you will:
- provide advice for the research and analysis of health administrative and population data
- advise on the development of various research, analytic and funding methodologies
- provide research and advice in the definition and establishment of performance indicators
- support evidence-based decision-making through research
- lead the development of standard relational methods
- conduct environmental scans and research related to new and emerging ministry strategies and initiatives
- assist in the development and delivery of health analytics education and training strategies.
Location: 1075 Bay Street, Toronto.
What we are looking for in a Methodologist:
- you can apply theories, methods and measures in specialized areas, such as health economics, statistics, biostatistics and mathematical modelling
- you can support the evaluation of health system operations using knowledge of Ontario's health system strategy
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- you can measure performance using knowledge of analytical methods
- you understand trends in health analytics and health planning to provide research and support strategies
- you can understand and resolve problems using strong system thinking skills
Consultation and Relationship Management Skills:
- you can advise clients on health system analytic methodologies using consultation skills
- you can prepare and present material to both professional and non-professional audiences
- you can build partnerships with clients using relationship management skills
- you can use population health and administrative databases and statistical software for advanced and complex analysis
- you can use office software applications to create your own documents.
Salary range: $68,182 - $84,293
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 32151, by January 4, 2011. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, contact the Toronto Recruitment Centre at 1-866-994-8808. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.