Begin forwarded message:
Subject: [S] Statistician Position at Mathematica
Date: 16 January, 2013 1:43:37 PM PST
Apologies for Cross Posting:
Statistician Opportunity at Mathematica! Mathematica is a nationally recognized research organization that conducts social policy studies on health care, disability, education, welfare, nutrition, and related topics. Through our projects and presentations before Congress, federal, state and local governments, foundations, and at professional association conferences, our projects use interdisciplinary teams made up of subject matter specialists, statisticians, survey researchers, data collectors, and systems analysts that span our offices in Washington DC, Princeton NJ, Cambridge MA, Ann Arbor MI, Chicago, IL, and Oakland, CA.
Mathematica is seeking statisticians who are eager to use their statistical expertise to support our mission to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the provision of information collection and analysis to our clients. Successful candidates should also have strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, statistical analysis skills, and familiarity with statistical software such as SAS, R, or Stata. Currently we have an opening in our headquarters in Princeton, NJ or in our Washington, DC or Cambridge, MA office.
Qualifications of the position: · Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, or quantitative social science - or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Background or interest in social policy research
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to translate research findings for a policy audience
· Ability to work well in teams · Knowledge and experience with statistical programming (desirable)
· Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Statistical analysis, modeling, matching, measures development, small area estimation, Bayesian analysis · Data mining, data analytics, “Big Data,” administrative data linkage · Survey sampling (including RDD and ABS), weighting, variance estimation for complex sample survey data, imputation, survey research methodology (including survey paradata and total survey error), data disclosure avoidance We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off and an on-site fitness center. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts (unofficial are okay), a short writing sample, contact information for three references and salary requirements to our online employment system at We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
This message was distributed by firstname.lastname@example.org
unsubscribe send e-mail to email@example.com
SUBJECT of the message: unsubscribe s-news