Mosaic PCN Administrative Office (Sunridge Professional Centre)
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Rate of Pay:
Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Calgary Mosaic Primary Care Network (MPCN) is an arrangement between a group of family physicians and Alberta Health Services - Calgary to provide primary care services to patients living in Northeast and Southeast Calgary.
The Calgary Mosaic Primary Care Network (MPCN) is seeking a Data Analyst to support PCN managed clinics and physician member offices with data collection and preliminary analysis of patient Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Using best practice this position also provides advice on IT policies and requirements to support PCN managed clinics. This position demands the ability to exercise excellent judgment, discretion and independent thought regarding the management and dissemination of internal and external information. This position will work closely with the Director of Clinical Services and the Evaluation Coordinator to assist in Mosaic evaluation and IT activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Conduct searches for identified clinical indicators in EMR
· Carries out preliminary analysis
· Utilize various data collection methods
· Identify risks and barriers to meeting data criteria to the Director of Clinical Services
· Create/maintain Algorithms for the EMR as a standard of practice for Mosaic PCN
· Assist with knowledge transfer of the data collection practices in Mosaic PCN programs and clinics
· Coach managers to ensure quality is maintained and learning opportunities provided
· Work in partnership with other organizations to conduct data collection (e.g., Alberta Health Services – Calgary Zone, University of Calgary)
· Assist in quality improvement development at the clinic and PCN health system levels
Abilities, Knowledge and Skills:
· Advanced knowledge of Electronic Medical Records with strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
· Experience working within a clinical team of varied health care professionals
· Bachelor degree in Health Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
· Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in a similar position
· Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to various sites within Mosaic Primary Care Network
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Office Manager, Mosaic Primary Care Network Sunridge Professional Centre #306, 2675 36th Street N.E. T1Y 6H6 P: 403.250.5059 ext 228 F: 403.250.5227 This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by phone.