Begin forwarded message:
Subject: SFU Job Posting board
Date: 13 February, 2013 10:10:38 AM PST
The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary is looking for 2 Statistical Associates. Could you let me know how we can get the posting up onto the SFU Job posting board for Stat-jobs?
If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.
The University of Calgary is currently seeking 2 Fixed-Term Full-time Statistical Associates for the Libin Cardiovascular Institute in the Faculty of Medicine. The position is for approximately 3 years (based on length of grant funding), with the possibility of extension.
The Libin Cardiovascular Institute is engaged in cutting-edge health services research in cardiovascular disease including its management and evaluation. The Statistical Associate will work with health researchers and clinicians and analyze large administrative, observational and clinical datasets. The successful candidates will work on a variety of health services and epidemiology research studies and will typically work on more than one concurrent task.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Develops and implements and completes complex, innovative and creative statistical programming.
- Ability to learn and carry-out novel statistical analyses.
- Report findings in scientific mediums (manuscripts, conference presentations, research rounds, etc.).
- Conduct statistical analyses including logistic regression modeling, survival analysis, and analysis of longitudinal data.
- Ensures study protocols and University of Calgary ethics are followed and are in adherence to.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and completing innovative and creative SAS or STATA programming for various research projects.
- Responsible for selecting appropriate statistical techniques for research questions and carrying out data analysis.
- Creating and maintaining clear database related documentation and steps performed.
- Responsible for maintaining established group policies and procedures and making recommendations for changes to group policy or procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of manuscripts.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Master's degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or Epidemiology plus 1 year of relevant experience; or Bachelor's degree in Statistics with a minimum 3 or more year of relevant experience.
- Proficient in SAS (SAS Certification an asset), with knowledge of Stata and/or R an advantage.
- Excellent, organizational, time management, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- A sound understanding of University, Health Services and Government structure and operations.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Works well independently (with minimal direction) and as part of a team.
- Must be able to clearly communicate statistical ideas to health researchers and clinicians.
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities with tight time frames.
- Critical thinking and problems solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement and make solid recommendations is an asset.
Application Deadline: February 26, 2013
To find out more about our competitive salaries and benefits, and why we are A Great Place to Work and Learn, please see:www.ucalgary.ca/careersuofc.
About U of C
The University of Calgary is a leading Canadian university located in the nation's most enterprising city. The university has a clear strategic direction - Eyes High - to become one of Canada's top five research universities by 2016, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community of Calgary. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity
Jennifer Eng | Recruitment Advisor | Talent Acquisition Human Resources | University of Calgary
T: 403 220 5169 | F: 403 210 9178 | E: email@example.com
University of Calgary ~ Be a part of something BOLD ------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email and its contents are private and confidential, for the sole use of the addressees. If you are not an intended recipient, copying, forwarding or other distribution of this email or its contents by any means is prohibited. If you believe that you received this email in error please notify the original sender immediately.