"Jack Davis" <firstname.lastname@example.org
"Stat Grad Secretary" <email@example.com
Monday, June 9, 2014 4:03:11 PMSubject:
Fwd: Data Analyst job opening
Could you forward this job opening to the stats job list please? (I've forgotten who I'm supposed to send these to, sorry)
It's from my friend Phil in the Nokia office in Burnaby.
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Phil Ophus" <firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Friday, 6 June, 2014 4:03:49 PM
Subject: FW: Data Analyst job opening
Here is the description. Applications go through http://here.com/abouthere/careers
Nokia HERE is looking for a Data Analyst with proven experience in building analytical models, data visualization tools, and analytical processes. The Data Analyst will help turn data into information, information into insight and insight into decisions that will shape our mobile OEM business. The position is based in Vancouver, Canada and will require direct interaction with our offices in Berlin, Boston and Chicago.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop tools and services such as modelling, dashboards, hypothesis generation and testing, scorecards, and data insights
· Consult with departments across the organization to understand, document, and analyze data and business requirements and translate those requirements into analytics/reporting requirements
· Conceptualize, design, and implement analytics and reports for internal consumption and business partners.
· Create reports and presentations on analytical findings for delivery to senior management.
· Lead the improvement of processes relating to reporting and ad-hoc analysis to improve data accuracy, visibility, and value
· Stay up-to-date with new analytical tools and industry trends; be an active part of the HERE analytics community
Desired Skills and Experience
· BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or comparable degree
· Minimum of 2-4 years work experience with proven expertise in analytics and modelling
· Experience with statistics, dashboards/scorecards, and data mining techniques
· Strong communication skills, critical thinking, decision support and performance analysis
· Be able to collaborate efficiently in a multi-site environment with minimal supervision
· Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
· Experience with the following tools and technologies is preferred:
o Analytics tools like Splunk and Tableau
o Data reporting technologies: Omniture, segment.io, Amplitude, Localytics, etc
o AWS cloud services: S3, EMR, Redshift
o SQL, map-reduce, big data
o Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
: Research & Software Development
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby