Sent on behalf of Dr. Lorraine Shack
Senior Analyst position in CancerControl Alberta, Alberta Health Services
The Rectal Cancer Senior Analyst supports the development of a rectal cancer clinical pathway. They will work closely with clinicians, analysts, project managers, and other
leaders. The position reports to the Director of Surveillance & Reporting, CancerControl Alberta, and is responsible to the Assistant Scientific Director for the Cancer Strategic Clinical Network.
The Senior Analyst consults with the project team members to fully understand and define the information and measures requested, determines the appropriate methodology, data types and sources to use, completes the research and analysis, provides interpretations,
and recommendations and presents the findings.
This is a fixed term full time position until March 31, 2017 with the possibility of extension. The position can be based out of Calgary (Holy Cross) or Edmonton (Sun Life). All Management and Out of Scope positions are being reviewed for possible inclusion
in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
A minimum of a Masters Degree in Epidemiology and Bio-statistics is required. Equivalencies will be considered.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development is required.
- Experience in epidemiology, working with multiple data-sets, and within a healthcare organization.
- Clinical experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to think systematically and critically.
- Expert skills in negotiation, facilitation, and conflict resolution are required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with large data-sets and using statistical software packages (specifically SAS and R).
- Experience communicating with various stakeholders and presenting technical information to a general audience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Strong organizational skills and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Please apply through:
Posting Close Date: June 30, 2015
Lorraine Shack PhD
Director · Surveillance & Reporting
C-MORE · CancerControl Alberta · Alberta Health Services
( C) 403-973-0320 (F) 780-643-4380
Data Request Email:
Report on Cancer Statistics in Alberta:
Interactive Health Data Application, under Chronic Disease by zone, age, sex, cancer type: