Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Biostatistician position @ Emmes Canada
Date: January 6, 2016 at 11:22:18 AM PST
We are hiring again! Would you be so kind as to post this to stat-jobs? If there's someone else I should be bothering, please do let me know.
TYPE: Full-time and part-time available
LOCATION: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Emmes is a global clinical research organization dedicated to the support of medical research with a public health impact. The company has set a standard for excellence since its formation in 1977, evidenced by its growth, long-term client relationships, state-of-the-art data systems and solutions, and numerous major scientific publications and presentations. Emmes biostatisticians lead and advise in the design and analysis of clinical research studies. They are responsible for the application of statistically valid methods, ensuring accurate interpretation of results, and delivering the highest quality statistical support to our clients.
Emmes Canada is seeking Masters and PhD level biostatisticians to join our collaborative and enthusiastic statistical team at our office in Burnaby, British Columbia.
- Consulting with clients on study design, analysis, and interpretation of results
- Writing or reviewing of statistical sections of study protocols or stand-alone statistical analysis plans
- Performing statistical analyses including verification and validation of statistical programs
- Generating final and interim reports for sponsors, data monitoring committees and regulatory agencies
- Advising on development of case report forms and procedures to monitor data quality
- Generating treatment allocations in randomized studies and ensuring proper implementation
- Developing, monitoring, and reporting study quality metrics
- Contributing to manuscripts and/or scientific presentations
+ Masters/PhD in biostatistics or statistics
+ Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral
+ Proficiency with statistical methods and applications
+ Competent in SAS and R
+ Expertise in data manipulation and statistical methodology
+ Ability to manage multiple tasks and independently set priorities
For immediate consideration please submit your resume and apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This summary reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.