McCreary Centre Society is seeking a unique community orientated individual with strong research and organizational skills to coordinate the 2018 BC Adolescent Health Survey (BC AHS).
The successful candidate will coordinate the preparation and administration of the 2018 BC AHS, including liaising with public health nurses, nursing schools and school districts. Upon completion of the survey, the role also includes working as part of a team to produce “community-friendly” reports of the results.
Specific duties include:
• Conducting training for BC AHS administrators
• Supervising the distribution, administration and collection of the survey
• Analyzing BC AHS and other data using SPSS for Windows
• Preparing research reports, presentations, and factsheets for publication
• Submitting and presenting McCreary research to community audiences, academic conferences and advisory groups as needed
• Assisting in the preparation of one provincial and 16 regional reports
Skills & Qualifications
• Project management experience
• A minimum of two years working with SPSS for Windows
• Post-secondary coursework in health or social science research, including statistics
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Interest in youth issues and research
• Experience working as a Research Associate preferred
• Valid driver’s license
Salary: $42,625-$46,355 for 37.5 hrs per week. Employees are entitled to MSP and health benefits upon completion of 6 months’ employment. Additional benefits include professional development and health and wellness funding, and an optional RRSP scheme.
Please forward your résumé and a cover letter to:
Hannah Corboy, McCreary Centre Society, 3552 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, V5K 2A7
Please note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This position will remain open until filled.