Sadika Jungic, Manager
Academic and Administrative Services
Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive,
Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6
Room #10543 SSC
"Alan Kelm" <firstname.lastname@example.org>To:
"CMath E-Mail Distribution List" <email@example.com>Sent:
Monday, 31 October, 2016 13:59:08Subject:
[cmath] Math Professor Positions - Vancouver Island University
Teach where you are valued. VIU's Faculty of Science & Technology is looking for a Math Professor (2 positions) to join their team of innovative and connected professionals.
We seek an individual who holds a Ph.D. in Statistics or Mathematics from an appropriately accredited institution.
The Math Professor will teach a range of undergraduate university-level Mathematics courses. The department is undergoing a growth phase with the development of a new major degree in mathematics and the expansion of its statistics courses. The successful candidates will be expected to help develop and teach new courses in these areas.
View the full job description and apply online by November 30, 2016 https://www2.viu.ca/HumanResources/postings/posting_new.asp?comp_no=16-4101&btn_ind=Y
Situated on Mid-Vancouver Island, with spectacular views of BC's coastal mountains, Vancouver Island University is a comprehensive teaching university with 17,000 students across four locations and 2,300 faculty and staff. VIU offers a wide range of credentials, from academic undergraduate and master's to industry-responsive trades and vocational programs.
- A valuable total compensation package, including a comprehensive health and dental benefits plan for your family and a desirable pension plan
- Competitive compensation package
- Supported professional development opportunities
- Wellness services and opportunities that support the whole person
- Week-long break at the end of December, with compensation
- A professional environment where people are valued
- Be the envy of the rest of the country as you enjoy the pace and quality of life on Vancouver Island
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Vancouver Island University embraces the principle of employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people of Aboriginal descent.