I am an Assistant Professor of Big Data in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science at Simon Fraser University. I am also an Honourary Academic Visitor at the Nuffield Department of Clinical Neuroscience at the University of Oxford. My research includes machine learning, genetics, imaging neuroscience, Bayesian nonparametrics, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, deep learning, and procedural generation for games and art.
- STAT440 E100. Learning from Big Data. Fall 2019, Fall 2018.
- tess19 (by Shufei Ge). An implementation of the random tessellation forest.
- HDPStructure (by Maria De Iorio). A Bayesian nonparametric generalisation of the Structure2 model for genotype imputation and admixture inference.
- S.M. Smith, L.T. Elliott, F. Alfaro-Almagro, P. McCarthy, T.E. Nichols, G. Douaud, and K. Miller Brain aging comprises multiple modes of structural and functional change with distinct genetic and biophysical associations. 2019. bioRxiv preprint 10.1101/802686
- S. Ge, S. Wang, Y.W. Teh, L. Wang, and L.T. Elliott. Random Tessellation Forests. 2019. Appearing in Proceedings of the 32nd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems
- N.J. Armstrong et al. Common genetic variation indicates separate etiologies for periventricular and deep white matter hyperintensities. 2019. bioRxiv preprint 10.1101/683367
- J. Mollink, S.M. Smith, L.T. Elliott, M. Kleinnijenhuis, M. Hiemstra, F. Alfaro-Almagro, J. Marchini, A.-M. van Cappellen van Walsum, S. Jbabdi, and K.L. Miller. The spatial correspondence and genetic influence of interhemispheric connectivity with white matter microstructure. 2019. Nature Neuroscience. 22(5). p809-19
- L.T. Elliott, M. De Iorio, S. Favaro, K. Adhikari, and Y.W. Teh. Modeling population structure under hierarchical Dirichlet processes. 2019. Bayesian Analysis. 14(2). p313-39. Code
- L.T. Elliott, K. Sharp, F. Alfaro-Almagro, S. Shi, K.L. Miller, G. Douaud, J. Marchini, and S.M. Smith. Genome-wide association studies of brain imaging phenotypes in UK Biobank. 2018. Nature. 562(7726). p210-6. Data
- C. Bycroft, C. Freeman, D. Petkova, G. Band, L.T. Elliott, K. Sharp, A. Motyer, D. Vukcevic, O. Delaneau, J. O’Connell, A. Cortes, S. Welsh, A. Young, M. Effingham, G. McVean, S. Leslie, N. Allen, P. Donnelly, and J. Marchini. The UK Biobank resource with deep phenotyping and genomic data. 2018. Nature. 562(7726). p203-9
- S. Schwab, R. Harbord, V. Zerbi, L.T. Elliott, S. Afyouni, J.Q. Smith, M.W. Woolrich, S.M. Smith, and T.E. Nichols. Directed functional connectivity using dynamic graphical models. 2018. NeuroImage. 175. p340-53
- L.T. Elliott, and Y.W. Teh. A nonparametric HMM for genetic imputation and coalescent inference. 2016. Electronic Journal of Statistics. 10(2). p3425-51. Code
- L.T. Elliott. Bayesian nonparametric models of genetic variation. 2016. PhD Thesis, Gatsby Unit, University College London
- L.T. Elliott, and Y.W. Teh. Scalable imputation of genetic data with a discrete fragmentation-coagulation process. 2012. Proceedings of the 26th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems
- R.M. Cichy, P. Sterzer, J. Heinzle, L.T. Elliott, F. Ramirez, and J.D. Haynes. Probing principles of large-scale object representation: Category preference and location encoding. 2012. Human Brain Mapping. 34(7). p1636-51
- I. Murray, and L.T. Elliott. Driving Markov chain Monte Carlo with a dependent random stream. 2012. ArXiv preprint 1204.3187. Code
- Y.W. Teh, C. Blundell, and L.T. Elliott. Modelling genetic variations using fragmentation-coagulation Processes. 2011. Proceedings of the 25th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems
- Y. Chen, P. Namburi, L.T. Elliott, J. Heinzle, C. Soon, M. Chee, and J.D. Haynes. Cortical surface-based searchlight decoding. 2010. NeuroImage. 56(2). p582-92
Shijia Wang, Shufei Ge, Winfield Chen, Joosung Min, Zubia Mansoor
Apps, Games, and Art
- vimesthesia. A vim plugin to improve the productivity of people with grapheme/colour synesthesia, by colouring each characters according to their experience.
- Rogue, Fighter, Mage. A roguelike where you control a party of three characters in their quest to defeat the Goblin King. Top 10 in a 7DRL challenge.
- Mondrian Shapes. An interactive procedural visual art piece exploring tessellations.
- Jennifer Lyn Morone™ Inc (by Jennifer Lyn Morone). The artist who turned herself into a corporation.
t: Vancouver: +1（604）442 ᐧ 4783
t: New York: +1（347）796 ᐧ 4389
e: lloyd ᐧ elliott ᘒ sfu ᐧ ca ( pgp public key )
a: Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science
a: Simon Fraser University
a: 8888 University Drive
a: Burnaby, B.C.
a: Canada, V5A 1S6
s: LinkedIn ᐧ github ᐧ Google Scholar
Simon Fraser University acknowledges the Coast Salish People on whose traditional territories we are privileged to live, work and play