CIHR Issue 213 - Funding opportunities posted between March 4 and April 14, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

cid:image001.png@01D1965D.12A62BA0

Issue 213

Contents

1) President’s Message

a) Open letter from Alain Beaudet, President of CIHR, to Canada’s health researchers

2) Funding Opportunities

a) Funding opportunities posted between March 4 and April 14, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

1) President’s Message

a) Open letter from Alain Beaudet, President of CIHR, to Canada’s health researchers

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to you today to reaffirm CIHR’s commitment to promote Canadian health research excellence and to engage with Canada’s health research community.

As you are I am sure aware, in Budget 2016, the Government of Canada provided CIHR with an additional $30 million per year. This sends a strong signal that the new Government is firmly committed to supporting health research, and specifically investigator-initiated research, including basic science.

This new investment will be entirely dedicated to the ongoing and future Project Grant competitions with a focus on early career investigators. Continue reading

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

2) Funding Opportunities

a) Funding opportunities posted between March 4 and April 14, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

The following is a list of funding opportunities which CIHR and its partners posted between March 4 and April 14, 2016.

To view these opportunities, please use the CIHR Funding Opportunity Database.

Simply select the opportunity from the list which is sorted alphabetically.

* Catalyst Grant: Catalyzing Innovation in Preterm Birth Research

* Chair: The Wilfred and Joyce Posluns Chair in Women’s Brain Health

* Clinician-Scientist Salary Award: 2016-2017

* Fellowship: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program (2016-2017)

* Operating Grant: Active and Assisted Living Joint Programme (AAL JP) 2016 - Dementia

* Operating Grant: Collaborative Health Research Projects (NSERC Partnered) (2016-2017)

* Operating Grant: SPOR PIHCI Network – Knowledge Synthesis Grants

* Other: Canada Graduate Scholarships – Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement (2016-2017)

* Other: CIHR Gold Leaf Prize for Discovery

* Other: CIHR Gold Leaf Prize for Impact

* Other: CIHR Gold Leaf Prize for Outstanding Achievements - Early Career Investigator

* Other: CIHR Gold Leaf Prize for Transformation: Patient Engagement

* Team Grant: Multi omics for the immune system

* Team Grant: Preterm Birth Network

Please direct specific inquiries on the funding opportunity to the contact person listed at the bottom of the funding opportunity.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

CIHR Wants to Hear from You

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder – CIHR wants to hear from you as much as possible. There is a wonderful story to tell about the results and benefits of health research in Canada, but we need your help to truly make this a page turner. And, we need to keep telling this story. So, we encourage you to let us know when you have or, better still, are close to publishing the results of research funded by CIHR. Please drop us a line at mediarelations@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Useful CIHR Contacts

General Inquiries: 613-941-2672

Grants & Awards Information: 613-954-1968

Media Relations: 613-941-4563

Ethics Office: 613-941-6706

Technical / IT Help Desk: 613-941-0068

CIHR’s website

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Subscription Information

There is no charge for this subscription. Privacy notice

Vous pouvez vous inscrire au communiqué français en envoyant une demande par courriel à  Nouvellesdelarecherche@irsc-cihr.gc.ca qui contient votre prénom, votre nom et votre courriel.

Françoise Hinca

Advisor-Research Documentation  / Operations Support

Canadian Institutes of Health Research / Government of Canada

research.news@cihr-irsc.gc.ca / Tel: 613-941-3504

Conseillère-Documentation liée à la recherche  / Soutien opérationnel

Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada / Gouvernement du Canada

nouvellesdelarecherche@cihr-irsc.gc.ca / Tél: 613-941-3504