Funding Opportunity: ALS Discovery Grant Opportunity

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

I would like to share a research funding opportunity called the Discovery Grant that the ALS Society of Canada currently has available. I would kindly ask you to please forward this grant opportunity to any department or faculty you may deem relevant, or you know may have researchers interested in this opportunity. The deadline to apply is June 3rd, 2016 at 1 pm EST.

The Grant

The Discovery Grant is to encourage new basic research focused on identifying causes of, or treatments for ALS and/or related neurological diseases, including primary lateral sclerosis, progressive muscular atrophy, and ALS/FTLD (ALS/frontotemporal lobar dementia). The spirit of this program is “high risk/high reward” and is aimed at independent investigator(s) proposing a novel research approach, supported by a sound rationale and feasible experimental plan, but not necessarily preliminary data.

Funding

Up to eight awards of up to $100,000 will be awarded in this cycle. The one time award may be used for research over a 12-24 month period, at the discretion of the Principal Investigator.

Eligibility

Each co-investigator must be an independent researcher at a Canadian institution who has a PhD or equivalent, or a health professional degree (MD) with relevant postdoctoral research training. Clinical researchers should have

completed residency training which includes research experience.

For more information about the grant and application process, please visit our website.

Thank you in advance,

Pascale Leclair-Roberts

Special Projects Coordinator | Coordinatrice de projets particuliers

ALS Society of Canada | Société canadienne de la SLA

3000 Steeles Avenue East, Suite 200 | Markham, Ontario, L3R 4T9

T 905-248-2052 ext. 218 | TF 1-800-267-4ALS (4257) | E plr@als.ca

www.als.ca

Please consider becoming a monthly donor to help ALS Canada in our mission:
Supporting Canadians living with ALS and investing in research to make ALS treatable, not terminal.

Considerez faire un don mensuel afin de nous aider à atteindre notre mission:

Appuyer les canadiens atteints par la SLA et soutenir la recherche pour trouver un traitement définitif contre la SLA.

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of Canada | Société Canadienne de la Sclérose Latérale Amyotrophique | Charitable Registration: 10670-8977-RR0002