Rescheduling the CIHR Project Scheme Workshop

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:
*******************

Subject: Rescheduling CIHR Project Scheme Workshop

Due to the scheduling conflict with SFU Convocation ceremonies, the June 8 CIHR Project Scheme Workshop will be re-scheduled for a later date.  We are also trying to get a Project Scheme reviewer to be able to attend the workshop to provide insight on the process this year; we have learned that application assignments to reviewers occurred later than expected and their reviews won't be submitted until early June. This Fall's Project Scheme Registration Deadline is expected to be in August 2016, with a full application deadline in mid-to-late September.

Please note that we will try to reschedule this workshop before the end of July. We encourage all applicants to the CIHR Project Scheme to begin developing their applications as soon as possible as the participants (applicants and knowledge users) cannot be changed, and summaries that are due at registration will be the basis for reviewer selection.

If you have any questions, please contact FHS Grants Facilitator Cecilia Kalaw @ ckalaw@sfu.ca.

Cheers,

Cecilia Kalaw, M.A. (office: 778-782-7037)
Research Grants Facilitator
Faculty of Health Sciences
Simon Fraser University
Blusson Hall, Rm 11202