Fwd: Connections | MSFHR plans next steps in funding program consultation

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

June 2016

Consultation on new funding programs nearing completion

Regional consultation on MSFHR’s expanded suite of funding programs continues to move forward.

Our staff will be on site at Simon Fraser University on June 17, at Fraser Health on June 20, in Kelowna June 22 and 23, and at the First Nations Health Authority on July 5. Additional program-specific consultations are planned in Vancouver to build on three information sessions held in May.

At the end of the consultation process, we will share a summary of regional feedback with all participants to highlight key themes and demonstrate how they are reflected in the final design of our new programs.

Patricia Janssen (2001 Scholar), Shimi Kang (2005 Trainee), and Sue Paish (former board chair) have been named winners of YWCA Women of Distinction Awards in the Research and the Sciences, Health and Wellness, and Business and the Professions categories respectively.

Mary de Vera (2008 Trainee, 2014 Scholar) is the recipient of the GlaxoSmithKline/Canadian Society for Pharmaceutical Sciences Early Career Award, which recognizes outstanding research achievements and contributions of pharmaceutical scientists working in Canadian academia, industry, government or research institutes.

Follow Us