Funding Opportunity: Grand Challenges Canada Grants

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

I am reaching out to you on behalf of Grand Challenges Canada about the launch of two new funding opportunities open to applicants across the Caribbean and in over 95 countries. Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact® in global health. We are funded by the Government of Canada and we fund innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®.

On May 16th, Grand Challenges Canada launched requests for proposals in two of our globally-recognized programs:

·         Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health: Grand Challenges Canada is seeking bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that could transform how persistent challenges in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health are addressed in low- and middle-income countries. Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $100,000 CAD over a maximum of 12 to 18 months. Deadline: July 19, 2016, at 15:00 ET

·         Saving Brains: With the ultimate goal of increasing human capital and tackling existing inequalities, Saving Brains seeks bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that protect and nurture early brain development in a sustainable manner. Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $250,000 CAD over a maximum of 24 months. Deadline: July 29, 2016, at 15:00 ET

­

I would like to ask you for your support in sharing these opportunities across your community and network, particularly with researchers, entrepreneurs, and academic departments.

For your reference, here is a link to our website, where you can read more about the requests for proposals and Grand Challenges Canada: http://www.grandchallenges.ca/funding-opportunities. I have also attached a toolkit with more information about the Requests for Proposals, suggested social media messages, a draft email that can in your newsletter, and images.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like additional information – I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the RFPs or Grand Challenges Canada. Should you no longer wish to receive information about open funding opportunities from Grand Challenges Canada, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Grand Challenges Canada / Grands Défis Canada

at the Sandra Rotman Centre

MaRS Centre, South Tower

101 College Street, Suite 406

Toronto, ON  M5G 1L7

grandchallenges.ca

Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn

BOLD IDEAS WITH BIG IMPACT®

This message (including attachments, if any) is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the above-named recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify me by return email and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.

Ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) est confidentiel, peut renfermer des renseignements à accès restreint et s'adresse exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionné(s) ci-dessus. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par retour de courriel et effacer le message de votre système. Toute utilisation ou divulgation non autorisée de ce message est strictement interdite.

From: Grand Challenges Canada [mailto:info@grandchallenges.ca]
Subject: New Funding Opportunities | Nouvelles occasions de financement

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/eb2dae12c6763989092d4014e/images/a8c29a78-3963-4492-a56c-e742af3747ff.png

New Funding Opportunities

Grand Challenges Canada, funded by the Government of Canada, announces the launch of two new funding opportunities:  (1.) Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health – Request For Proposals, and (2.) Saving Brains – Request for Proposals.

1. Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Request For Proposals

Stars in Global Health, Round 8 – May 2016

Grand Challenges Canada is seeking bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that could transform how persistent challenges in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health are addressed in low- and middle-income countries. Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $100,000 CAD over a maximum of 12 to 18 months.

For more information about the Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Request For Proposals and eligibility criteria, please click HERE.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  July 19, 2016, at 15:00 ET

cid:image002.png@01D1BDAB.4A549710

2. Saving Brains
Request For Proposals

Saving Brains, Round 5 – May 2016

With the ultimate goal of increasing human capital and tackling existing inequalities, Saving Brains seeks bold ideas for products, services and implementation models that protect and nurture early brain development in a sustainable manner. Successful proposals will be awarded seed grants of up to $250,000 CAD over a maximum of 24 months.

For more information about the Saving Brains Request for Proposals and eligibility criteria, please click HERE.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  July 29, 2016, at 15:00 ET

cid:image004.jpg@01D1BDAB.4A549710

About Grand Challenges Canada

Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact® in global health. We are funded by the Government of Canada and we support innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas we support integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – we call this Integrated Innovation®. Grand Challenges Canada focuses on innovator-defined challenges through its Stars in Global Health program and on targeted challenges in its Saving Lives at Birth, Saving Brains and Global Mental Health programs. Grand Challenges Canada works closely with Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC), the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and Global Affairs Canada to catalyze scale, sustainability and impact. We have a determined focus on results, and on saving and improving lives.

To help us reach a broader audience, please forward this email to all colleagues, friends and interested parties. If you are not already on our mailing list and would like to keep up-to-date with all the latest developments, including news, publications and job opportunities, subscribe to our mailing list.

For further information, please visit our website at grandchallenges.ca and look for us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. For media enquiries:

Liam Brown, Press Officer

T. +1 416.673.6542  |  liam.brown@grandchallenges.ca

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/eb2dae12c6763989092d4014e/images/cd2e3a0e-8189-4cdb-b60f-cca8d6c7a690.png

Nouvelles occasions de financement

Grands Défis Canada, qui est financé par le gouvernement du Canada, annonce le lancement de deux nouvelles occasions de financement :  (1.) Les Étoiles en santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile – Demande de propositions, et (2.) Sauver des cerveaux – Demande de propositions.

1. Les Étoiles en santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile – Demande de propositions

Les Étoiles en santé mondiale, Ronde 7 – Mai 2016

Grands Défis Canada
est à la recherche des idées audacieuses pour des produits, des services et des modèles de mise en œuvre susceptibles de transformer la façon d’aborder les défis persistants en santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile dans les pays à revenu faible ou intermédiaire. Les propositions retenues se verront accorder une subvention de démarrage pouvant aller jusqu'à 100 000 $CAN sur une période maximale de 12 à 18 mois.

Pour plus de détails au sujet de la demande de propositions Les Étoiles en santé reproductive, maternelle, néonatale et infantile et les critères d’admissibilité, veuillez
cliquer ICI.

DATE LIMITE D’INSCRIPTION : le 19 juillet 2016 à 15:00 HAE

cid:image007.jpg@01D1BDAB.4A549710

2. Sauver des cerveaux – Demande de propositions

Sauver des cerveaux, Ronde 5 – Mai 2016

Avec l’objectif ultime d’accroître le capital humain et de lutter contre les inégalités, Sauver des cerveaux est à la recherche d’idées audacieuses portant sur des produits, des services, des politiques et des modèles de mise en œuvre qui protégeront et favoriseront le développement précoce du cerveau de manière durable. Les propositions retenues se verront accorder une subvention de démarrage pouvant aller jusqu'à 250 000 $CAN sur une période maximale de 24 mois.

Pour plus de détails au sujet de la demande de propositions Sauvez des cerveaux et les critères d’admissibilité, veuillez
cliquer ICI.

DATE LIMITE D’INSCRIPTION : le 29 juillet, 2016 à 15:00 HAE

cid:image008.jpg@01D1BDAB.4A549710

À propos de Grands Défis Canada

Grands Défis Canada est voué à appuyer des idées audacieuses ayant un grand impact en santé mondiale. Nous sommes financés par le gouvernement du Canada et nous offrons du soutien à des innovateurs de pays à revenu faible ou intermédiaire et du Canada. Les idées audacieuses que nous appuyons intègrent des innovations scientifiques/technologiques, sociales et commerciales (ce que nous appelons l’Innovation intégrée). Grands Défis Canada met l’accent sur des défis définis par des innovateurs dans le cadre de son programme Les Étoiles en santé mondiale, et sur des défis ciblés dans le cadre des programmes Sauver des vies à la naissance, Sauver des cerveaux et La Santé mentale dans le monde. Grands Défis Canada travaille en étroite collaboration avec le Centre de recherches pour le développement international (CRDI), les Instituts de recherche en santé du Canada (IRSC) et Affaires mondiales Canada pour catalyser le déploiement à l’échelle, la durabilité et l’impact. Nous sommes centrés sur les résultats et sur les moyens de sauver et d’améliorer des vies.

Afin de nous aider à rejoindre un auditoire plus vaste, envoyez ce courriel à tous vos collègues et amis ou à toute autre personne intéressée. Si votre nom ne figure pas déjà sur notre liste d’envoi et que vous aimeriez être tenu(e) informé(e) des développements les plus récents, y compris les dernières nouvelles, les publications et les occasions d’emploi, veuillez vous abonner à notre liste d’envoi.

Pour de plus amples informations, svp visiter notre site web à grandsdefis.ca et suivez-nous sur Facebook, Twitter, YouTube et LinkedIn. Pour les demandes de renseignements des médias :

Liam Brown, Attaché de presse

T. +1 416.673.6542  |  liam.brown@grandchallenges.ca

https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png

https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png