Transformational Research 2017 Program Launch

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are passing on to our list members:

NEW FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
The Weston Brain Institute is delighted to launch our Transformational Research 2017 program to fund high-potential translational research projects with excellent preliminary data.
Program Information Session: Wednesday, November 9th 2016, 1:00pm EST
REGISTER HERE

Letter of Intent Deadline: Monday, December 12th 2016,  2:00pm EST
APPLY NOW
   Goal:

   Funding:

   Eligibility:

   Disease Scope:

Development Scope:
Provide funding for preclinical translational research that will accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging.

A maximum of $1,500,000 over up to 3 years.

Researchers at or above the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent are eligible to apply as the Principal Applicant. Collaborators must be at the post-doctoral level or above.

All the Institute's neurodegenerative diseases of aging are covered by this program (see Funding Overview) with the exception of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Projects focused on ALS should be submitted to the ALS-focused program scheduled to launch  in early 2017.

Development of a therapeutic and/or a tool that helps to accelerate the development of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases of aging.
Program Information Session:
The Weston Brain Institute will be holding an online Information Session for this funding opportunity on Wednesday, November 9th 2016 at 1:00pm EST to provide you with comprehensive information on the application process and an opportunity for open questions.

Important Institute Definitions:
Please refer to our Funding Overview page for a complete list of:
  • Neurodegenerative diseases of aging as defined by the Institute.
  • Other definitions at the Institute, including an updated definition of Tools.
The Institute welcomes inquiries about this request for applications or any of our other funding opportunities. We would be pleased to hear from you at either neuro@weston.ca or +1 416-935-4056.
Twitter
Facebook
Website
LinkedIn
Copyright © 2016 Weston Brain Institute, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
22 St. Clair Ave. East, Toronto ON M4T 2S3

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

--

Ms. Ash Lalani B.Sc., MBA

Office of Research Services