MSFHR: Connections | Update on new and revised funding programs

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

November 2016

Update on new and revised funding programs

As part of MSFHR's review of our funding programs and in support of our overall strategic goals, MSFHR staff travelled across BC between May and July of 2016 to engage with a broad cross section of researchers, health professionals, and administrators. Our aim was to better understand how our funding programs can meet the needs of BC's health research community.

The consultation feedback provided valuable insights on the proposed changes to existing salary support awards and helped shape the design of a refreshed suite of funding programs.

We're pleased to be launching a new funding program and a revised MSFHR Research Trainee Award competition in early 2017.

Congratulations to Jennifer Baumbusch (2011 Scholar) & Richard Sawatzky (2004 & 2008 Trainee) on their Excellence in Advancing Nursing Knowledge & Research Award from the Association of Registered Nurses of BC.

Nadine Caron (MSFHR Board Member) has received the Dreamcatcher Award for her contributions to health and education.

James Johnson (2004 Scholar) has been awarded the Canadian Diabetes Association’s Young Scientist Award, which recognizes outstanding research conducted in Canada in the field of diabetes.

Congratulations to Julio Montaner (2010 Aubrey J. Tingle Prize winner) on his Research Canada Leadership Award, in recognition of his contributions to the health and well-being of Canadians.

Kelli Stajduhar (2001 Trainee & 2005 Scholar) has won the 2016 Award for Excellence in Nursing Research from the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing for her outstanding achievements in nursing research.

Sally Thorne (MSFHR Board Member/Past Chair) is the recipient of the 2016 Killam Award for Excellence in Mentoring, which recognizes her decades of impressive work and capacity for high-quality graduate mentoring.

Follow Us

  Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
200 - 1285 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6H 3X8
T  604 730 8322  |  F  604 730 0524  |  E  info@msfhr.org

  This email was created and delivered using Mailout