Funding Opportunity: Genome BC support for Metagenomics call (European)

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to make you aware of the following up-coming International research call on metagenomics:
http://www.marinebiotech.eu/news-and-events/era-news/third-transnational-call-research-projects-be-expected-december

Genome BC is a partner in the call and can support BC researchers (up to ~$300K) participating in EU led proposals.  No co-funding is required as the funding from partner countries (there must be at least two others) count as co-funding.

The call is focused on metagenomics in marine environments -and seeks to stimulate development of new bioinformatic tools and approaches for identification novel compounds/function units with microbial ecosystems.

**Researchers with strong bioinformatics or marine biology/genomics expertise (areas of BC strength) will make good partners for this call.

Projects must include partners from three countries (eg. Canada and two other countries participating in the call:Belgium, Germany, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Spain).   The best way to explore partnerships and opportunities for your lab is to register on the partnering platform -which essentially serves as a dating service for researchers looking to form consortia.  https://www.submission-marinebiotech.eu/partner-search

The call will be formally launched in December and proposals will be due in early March.  Genome BC will publish guidelines for BC researchers participating in the call on our website and encourages all interested investigators to contact us as soon as possible so we can provide assistance with proposal development.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Rachael

Rachael Ritchie, DPhil |Director, International Partnerships | Genome British Columbia | Suite 400 - 575 West 8th Avenue | Vancouver BC V5Z 0C4 Canada | Office: 604.637.4379 | Cell: 604.561.0002 |