CIHR Issue 230 – Funding opportunities posted between November 15 and December 8, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

cid:image001.png@01D25166.FF1165D0

Issue 230

Contents

1) Program Related Information

a) Foundation Grant: 2016-2017

2) Funding Opportunities

a) Funding opportunities posted between November 15 and December 8, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

1) Program Related Information

a) Foundation Grant: 2016-2017

·         Updates to the peer review process

Some adjustments were recently made to the Foundation Grant review process to ensure a fairer process for all applicants, most specifically early career investigators and female applicants. For example, in order to ensure early career investigators are treated fairly, CIHR commits to awarding them with a minimum of 15% of grants, as planned; and ensuring that approximately 50% of their applications move from Stage 1 to Stage 2. Also, regardless of career stage, the proportion of female applicants moving forward from Stage 1 to Stage 2 will equal the proportion of female applicants to the competition.
Read more about the updates to the review process

·         Stage 1 peer review underway

The first stage of the review process for the competition is now underway. We wish to thank the close to 300 reviewers and Competition Chairs who are volunteering their time over the coming weeks to evaluate the work of their peers. The results of stage 1 are expected to be shared with applicants on February 2, 2017.
Read more

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

2) Funding Opportunities

a) Funding opportunities posted between November 15 and December 8, 2016 by CIHR and its partners

·         The following is a list of funding opportunities which CIHR and its partners posted between November 15 and December 8, 2016.

To view these opportunities, please use the CIHR Funding Opportunity Database.

Simply select the opportunity from the list which is sorted alphabetically.

o   Catalyst Grant: Indigenous Approaches to Wellness Research

o   Operating Grant: Innovative Biomedical and Clinical HIV/AIDS Research (2017)

o   Team Grant: Impact of Gender on Knowledge Translation Interventions

o   Undergraduate: Summer Studentship Award

·         The funding opportunity listed below is located on CIHR’s website.

o   Travel Awards: Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) Mental Health – Canada-China

Please refer to the Contact Information section of the funding opportunity if you have additional questions about the funding opportunity.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

CIHR Wants to Hear from You

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder – CIHR wants to hear from you as much as possible. There is a wonderful story to tell about the results and benefits of health research in Canada, but we need your help to truly make this a page turner. And, we need to keep telling this story. So, we encourage you to let us know when you have or, better still, are close to publishing the results of research funded by CIHR. Please drop us a line at mediarelations@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.

Contact Information

CIHR welcomes your questions and feedback and is committed to responding to your requests promptly.

Please direct all inquiries to the CIHR Contact Centre. Officers are available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET and until 8 p.m. ET on deadline days.

Contact Centre

Telephone: 613-954-1968

Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178

support@cihr-irsc.gc.ca