Mitacs Globalink Research Awards: Application Instructions

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

MITACS GLOBALINK RESEARCH AWARDS (SFU Internal Deadline:  24 MAR 2017)

The Mitacs Globalink Research Award supports research collaborations between Canada and select partner countries. The award is open to graduate students. Select destinations are also open to senior undergraduates. Funding and eligible disciplines vary by destination.

Steps to apply:
  1. Submit a complete copy of your application—including a fully signed Participant Signatures page and SFU Signature Sheet—to ors@sfu.ca by 24 MAR 2017.
  2. After ORS signs off, submit your complete application to apply@mitacs.ca by 31 MAR 2017.

When filling out the SFU Signature Sheet, please ensure that the supervisor is listed as the Principal Investigator, with the student listed in parentheses beside: e.g. "Principal Investigator: Supervisor Name (student: Student Name)." Signature Sheets are to be signed by the supervisor then sent to their Chair / Director, who will themselves sign off before sending the Signature Sheet along to their Dean. Once the Dean has signed off, the Signature Sheet will be sent to ORS for final approval.

More information about this funding opportunity and the application process can be found here.