MSFHR Connections | Applications open for first Innovation to Commercialization Awards

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

February 2017

Applications open: First Innovation to Commercialization Awards

Applications are now open for MSFHR's first Innovation to Commercialization (I2C) Awards. Each award will support BC health researchers advancing discoveries or inventions towards commercialization by providing funding for feasibility research and commercialization activities.

The I2C Program has been specifically designed to strengthen the health innovation to commercialization pathway in BC by helping researchers bridge the gap between discovery and practical commercial application.

Sam Aparicio (2014 Aubrey J. Tingle Prize) will be part of one of the first global research teams to receive funding as part of Cancer Research UK's Grand Challenge.

Nadian Khan (2003 Trainee & 2011 Scholar) has been named president of Hypertension Canada. In this role, she will continue to lead the work in early detection of high blood pressure, its treatment and overall management.

Congratulations to Deanna Gibson (2007 Trainee), Michael Hunt (2012 Scholar), Megan Levings (2003 Scholar), Natalie Strynadka (2005 Scholar) and Filip Van Petegem (2008 Scholar) on receiving UBC's 2016 Faculty Research Awards.

Follow Us