Personalized Medicine Summit June 11-13

 The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Dear All-this note is to encourage you to attend the Personalized Medicine Summit conference we have organized that will be held at UBC June 11-13. For registration and program information see http://www.personalizedmedsummit.com/. We have assembled an extraordinarily strong faculty with representation from academia, healthcare authorities, patients, industry and clinicians. Examples include Sir Malcolm Grant, (Chair, NHS England), Dr. Leroy Hood (President , Institute for Systems Biology), Dr. Andrew Morris (Chief Scientist, NHS Scotland), The Hon. James Cowan (Sponsor of the Genetic Non-Discrimination Act), to name but a few. As many of you know, we are entering revolutionary times in medicine as we move from a one-size-fits-all system to a data-driven, individualized approach to medical care that is referred to as personalized or precision medicine. The Summit will bring you up to date with the latest advances and will make the case that the time has come for BC to act to become a leader in introducing personalized, precision medicine into the population. This is an important event and I would urge you to register soon as we expect the conference to be fully subscribed.

I look forward to seeing you in June!

Best regards

Pieter

Pieter Cullis, PhD, FRSC

Director, Life Sciences Institute

Director, NanoMedicines Research Group

Chair, Personalized Medicine Initiative

2350 Health Sciences Mall

University of British Columbia

Vancouver Canada V6T 1Z3

Email: pieterc@mail.ubc.ca

cid:image005.jpg@01D2B9DB.8A6AB0F0
TRANSFORMING THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE
June 11-13, 2017, UBC, Vancouver, BC

www.personalizedmedsummit.com

cid:image006.jpg@01D2B9DB.8A6AB0F0
Author, The Personalized Medicine Revolution:
How Diagnosing and Treating Disease Are About to Change Forever Available on Amazon