Connections | Dr. Janice Leung: Improving lung health for people with HIV

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

June 2017

Dr. Janice Leung: Improving lung health for people with HIV

Dr. Janice Leung, respirologist at St. Paul’s Hospital and recipient of an inaugural MSFHR Health Professional-Investigator Award, discusses her work on the long-term effects of living with HIV and the critical relationship between clinical work and research.

Dr. Yi-Ling Du (2013 Trainee) and Dr. Melanie Higgins (2008 & 2015 Trainee) have published MSFHR-supported research in Nature Chemical Biology.

Dr. Jaimie Veale (2013 Trainee) has been awarded a Health Research Council of New Zealand Emerging Researcher award.

Dr. Victor Ling (2001 Scholar) has been named one of the Vancouver Sun's 150 notable British Columbians for his MSFHR-funded research on P-glycoprotein.

Congratulations to Dr. Carlo Menon (2012 Scholar), Dr. Marco Gallo (2008 Trainee) and Dr. Jeremy Wulff (2011 Scholar) for their new appointments as Canada Research Chairs; and to all the MSFHR researchers who have had their positions renewed.

Follow Us