CIHR introduction of commercialization grant competition within the Project Grant Program

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

CIHR has recently introduced a commercialization grant competition within the Project Grant Program.  Please share this information with any of your commercially-minded investigators.

Please note that while the application must address both research and commercialization goals, the involvement of the technology transfer office in completing the application is not a requirement. Please also note that having a licensee for the technology will not disqualify the project from eligibility.

The Commercialization Projects Specific Criteria are now posted at: http://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/50439.html

Please direct your researchers to read more about the funding opportunity on CIHR¹s ResearchNet, where they will see these imminent deadlines:

Registration Deadline: August 15, 2017

Application Deadline: September 15, 2017

Here is the announcement of July 10th, confirming other key upcoming dates:

http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/50440.html

A full list of 53 CIHR panel mandates can be found here, with Commercialization (CMZ) being the final panel listed):

http://www.cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/50438.html