Funding Opportunity: IC-IMPACTS - DST - Smart & Green Buildings for Sustainable Cities

IC-IMPACTS has sent notification of a new Joint Call for Research with India supported by IC-IMPACTS and the Department of Science & Technology (DST) India.

This call is in the area of Smart and Green Buildings in Sustainable Cities.  A synopsis of the focus for the Call is provided below. Full details and application formal and submission portal can be found on our website at http://ic-impacts.com/dst/.  We would appreciate you forwarding this to any interested researchers at your institutions. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2016.

IC-IMPACTS and DST are partnering to support innovative research in Smart and Green Buildings for Sustainable Cities. According to the United Nations Environment Program, buildings are responsible for about one-third of total global greenhouse gas emissions and 40% of all energy consumption. Together, the scientific and industrial communities of our two countries seek to devise world leading clean technologies and novel approaches to create more sustainable infrastructure.

The joint call for proposals will support collaborative research projects in the following scientific areas:
  • Structural performance of buildings including earthquake resistance
  • Innovative buildings materials with low carbon footprint
  • Thermal, acoustical and lighting comfort in buildings
  • Buildings and human health
  • Buildings and energy conservation
  • Buildings and water conservation
  • Building Infrastructures and Internet of Things (IoT)
For further information:

Sue Roppel
Chief Operating Officer & Network Manager
IC-IMPACTS Centres of Excellence
Room 305, 6190 Agronomy Road
The University of British Columbia
Vancouver, B.C.  V6T 1Z3

Telephone:  604.827.1522

IC-IMPACTS: Building Healthy Communities in Canada and India