The BC Innovation Council IGNITE program provides funding to accelerate commercialization of new technologies and innovations in the natural resources and applied sciences in British Columbia. The program provides awards of up to $300,000 of matching funding to consortia that are conducting research leading to commercializable projects that address a significant demonstrated problem faced by industry.
- Focus: Proposals must involve the areas of natural resources, applied science and/or engineering, and must provide a clearly articulated solution to an existing problem.
- Teams: Applicants must be a BC-based consortium comprised of two or more companies, organizations or academic researchers. All consortia must include an academic member and an industry partner.
- Matching funds: Projects must secure matching funds from industry or government sources at a ratio of 2:1. Note that SFU requires that funding from these sources include both direct and indirect costs.
- Timing: Projects must plan to conclude within 3 years.
- Spring 2016 program, Letter of Intent is due to BCIC by May 2, 2016.
- Summer 2016 program, Letter of Intent is due to BCIC by August 1, 2016
Complete details are found in the Program Guidelines at www.bcic.ca/ignite
For program information, contact: Program Manager T: 604.602.5203 E: firstname.lastname@example.org