Reminder: NSERC Discovery Grant Workshop – May 19th, 2016, 1:30 - 3:30pm

**PRESENTATION REMINDER**

NSERC Staff will present NSERC Updates and Discovery Grants Competitions Results 2016.  Afterwards, NSERC staff and a member of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Evaluation Group will present an overview of the peer review process and advice will be given on how to prepare a Discovery Grant application. The workshop will cover topics such as Discovery Grants Evaluation Groups, criteria for evaluation and ratings, tips on how to prepare an application. While the workshop will be most helpful to new faculty members and those preparing applications this fall, all researchers are welcome to attend. A question period will follow the presentation.

The details are as follows:

Date: Thursday May 19, 2016
Time: 1:30pm-3:30pm
Location: IRMACS Theatre ASB 10900
Presenters: Diane Charles, Team Leader, Engineering and Jamie Cousineau, Program Officer for the Electrical and Computer Engineering Evaluation Group
Materials: Presentation slides will be e-mailed to ORS either before or after the presentation after which we will distribute them to our e-mail list members

Note: This session will be livestreamed and you will be able to view the presentation in real-time here http://www.irmacs.sfu.ca/about/live-video

Please RSVP ors@sfu.ca no later than Wednesday May 18, 2016 if you are planning on attending this outreach presentation.

Thank you.

ORS