Request for Proposals 2016 - Innovation at Work - Changed Deadlines

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list member:

Trouble viewing? Read it online at http://www.worksafebcmedia.com/enews/research/160728/160728.htm

CHANGE IN DEADLINES

Innovation at Work — Request for Proposals 2016

In partnership with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Ontario, Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba, WorkSafe Saskatchewan, Alberta Labour, and WorkSafeNB, WorkSafeBC is pleased to issue a Request for Proposals for Innovation at Work.

WorkSafeBC is dedicated to achieving a vision of workers and workplaces safe and secure from injury, illness, and disease. To achieve this vision, WorkSafeBC and its partners encourage and support the development and use of the best scientific evidence on occupational health and safety issues faced by workers, employers, and WorkSafeBC as an organization. These issues can relate to injury and illness prevention, recovery and return to work for injured workers, and provision of fair compensation.

Grants provided through Innovation at Work support research toward meeting these goals. This competition is open to applicants whose research can lead to the development of new knowledge and/or practical problem-solving in the workplace. These grants fund projects that promote collaboration between workplace parties, organizations, and those in the research community. Employer organizations, industry experts, unions, clinicians, educators, employers, supervisors, managers, and workers are strongly encouraged to apply. Academic researchers are also welcome to apply for Innovation at Work grants, but a non-academic partner must be included on any research team. Principal applicants must be Canadian residents.

What’s new
For this competition, we are offering applicants an opportunity to get feedback on their projects before submitting a complete proposal. A letter of intent template is available on our website. If you’re interested in receiving feedback, please indicate this on your letter of intent, and we will suggest areas you may wish to enhance before completing a full application. You are not required to submit a letter of intent to be eligible to apply for funding.

Letter of intent deadline: August 29, 2016

Application deadline: October 14, 2016

Click the button below to view the full Request for Proposals.

** PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY **

Further information about Innovation at Work is available on our website.

Sincerely,

Lori Guiton, Director
Research Services

If you do not want to receive emails from WorkSafeBC regarding policy-, regulation-, and research-related news, please unsubscribe by clicking the link below.

WorkSafeBC, PO Box 5350 Stn Terminal, Vancouver BC V6B 5L5 Canada