Biosphere Research Award
The Clayoquot Biosphere Trust is pleased to have provided two awards of $20,000 each to support research within the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Region that advances our local understanding of conservation challenges in our marine and/or terrestrial ecosystems and helps us to prioritize conservation actions.
Research Proposals are evaluated based on the following key criteria:
- Research that addresses key species and ecosystem threats within the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve region.
- Research that addresses a trend of degradation on target species or ecosystems of ecological and/or cultural importance.
- Research that applies to conservation action and can be applied in other areas as well (broad application). Conservation action refers to management responses that can mitigate the threat.
- Research findings need to be communicated in a public forum of some kind.
- Research proposals that support the spirit and intent of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve designation.
- Research that follows local protocols including local First Nations review and compliance with BC Parks research permits.
Eligibility: Organizations must be a registered charity, education institution, or local or First Nation government. Lead Applicants must have completed, or be near completion of, a relevant graduate degree and have current affiliation with an eligible organization.
Get the Guidelines and Application form
Deadline: April 17, 2017, 4pm PST
Award Announcement: mid May 2017
Faye Missar, Program Coordinator
Clayoquot Biosphere Trust
316 Main Street, PO Box 67
Tofino, BC, V0R 2Z0
follow us on instagram: @clayoquotbiospheretrust