Funding Opportunity: Grand Challenges Explorations: Application Deadline Reminder

Title: Untitled Document
The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Dear Colleagues,

This is a reminder that the application deadline for the latest round of Grand Challenges Explorations is May 3, 2017, 11:30 A.M. US Pacific Day Light Time.

Grand Challenges Explorations fosters early-stage discovery research to expand the pipeline of ideas for solving our greatest global health and development challenges. Launched in 2008 with an initial $100 million commitment from the foundation, Grand Challenges Explorations grants have already been awarded to more than 1200 researchers in more than 65 countries.

Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations, and for-profit companies. Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million.

We are accepting applications on the following four topics until May 3, 2017:

Full descriptions of the new topics and application instructions in Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish are available here. We also invite you to check these two blogs: Innovation for an Interconnected Laboratory System and Improving Timeliness and Completeness of Routine Immunizations in Low-Resource Settings Will Save Lives. For details and application instructions, please visit the Grand Challenges Explorations website.

We look forward to receiving innovative ideas from around the world and from all disciplines. If you have a great idea, please apply. If you know someone else who may have a great idea, please forward this message.

Thank you for your commitment to solving the world's greatest health and development challenges.

The Grand Challenges Team

Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives.