Funding Opportunity: Manitoba Gambling Research

2016 Call for Applications

Grant Guides for 2016 are available on our website, and we are now accepting applications for all four of our Grant types.
Focused Research proposals may be solicited at any time throughout the year.

NEW:  Studentship applications are now being accepted twice per year, in March and October! Studentships fund Manitoba honours and graduate students. Please see our Studentship Guide for details.

Application Closing Dates:
Small Grants (up to $50,000)     February 24, 2016
Studentships (up to $60,000)     March 9, 2016
Letter of Intent (LOI) for Large Grants (up to $450,000)  March 23, 2016
Conference Grants (up to $2,000) accepted year-round

Only Manitoba researchers and students are eligible for Conference Grants. Applicants do not have to be presenting to be eligible to apply.

Upcoming Canadian Gambling Conferences:
BCLC's  New Horizons in Responsible Gambling, held in Vancouver from February 1-3, 2016.
AGRI's Understanding Gambling: Mechanisms and Predictors, held in Banff from April 7-9, 2016.
The CCGR Pre-Conference Workshop "Digital Engagement: How the Web Changes Recruitment, Data Collection, and User Feedback" will be held in Banff on Thursday, April 7, 2016.
RGC's Discovery, held in Toronto from April 19-21, 2016.

The Manitoba Gambling Research Program supports the development of high quality research that enables the evidence-based advancement of responsible gambling programs, and problem gambling prevention and treatment. Research opportunities are available for researchers across Canada.

To apply, or for more information regarding the program and application process, please visit our website at www.manitobagamblingresearch.com

Or contact:

Carly Sacco, M.A.
Social Responsibility Research Analyst