New research funding opportunities from BioCanRx

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:
Dear colleagues,

I am excited to announce new opportunities to fund translational cancer immunotherapy research through a rolling, open call process from BioCanRx.

BioCanRx is a new Network of Centres of Excellence with a mandate to accelerate Canada's most promising biologically based cancer treatments (immunotherapies and biotherapies) into clinical trials. BioCanRx funds late-stage research that demands collaboration among teams from across disciplines, across sectors and across Canada. The aim is to develop biotherapies in parallel and in combination to determine the most effective ways they can combat cancer to improve the quality and length of a person's life. BioCanRx has $25 million in seed funding from the federal government's Networks of Centres of Excellence Program, and strong support from industry, the provinces and many national charities.

We are now accepting letters of intent for the following four research programs:

  • Clinical Trials Program
  • Enabling Studies Program
  • Catalyst Program
  • Clinical, Social and Economic Impact Program

The first review deadline for these letters of intent is March 29, 2016, by 11:59 p.m. ET.

For research program details and more information about the open call application process, please visit our website at www.biocanrx.comThis funding opportunity is available to any investigator in a Canadian institution that is eligible to receive funding from CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC.

We are very eager to see what the Canadian research community is doing to develop innovative, collaborative and multi-disciplinary research programs to advance cancer biotherapies from the laboratory setting into early phase clinical trials.

I would be most grateful if you would share this with the researchers at your institution.

Thank you and best regards,

John Bell

--

John C. Bell, Ph.D

Scientific Director, BioCanRx

Senior Scientist, The Ottawa Hospital

Professor, Depts. of Medicine and Biochemistry, Microbiology & Immunology, University of Ottawa

o. 613 737-7700 ext. 70333