Alexander von Humboldt Fellowships and Research Support Information Session (Feb 25, 11am)

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Alexander von Humboldt Fellowships and Research Support Information Session

SFU Burnaby, Room 3220 in the West Mall Centre
11:00-12:00, February 25, 2016

Light refreshments will be provided

Dear Colleagues:

You are cordially invited to an information session on funding opportunities in Germany. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation provides fully funded opportunities for young scholars (within 12 years of attaining a Ph.D.) to visit Germany and carry out research with German scholars for varying lengths of time. It is ideal for a post-doctoral fellowship experience or that first sabbatical leave for new faculty. The presentation will outline some of the unique funding opportunities and there will be Humboldt scholars in attendance to share their own experiences. For more information about the Humboldt Foundation, please visit http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/home.html

We look forward to seeing you!

Dr. Alex Kuznetsov, Humboldt Foundation Liaison Office in Canada

SFU AvH fellows
Prof. Samir Gandesha, Director, Institute for the Humanities
Prof. Maite Taboada, Department of Linguistics, Simon Fraser University