REMINDER: SFU Health Research Day 2016: Networking for Innovation May 4th, 2016

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forward to our e-mail list members from all disciplines:
Dear faculty members, research staff, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows,

Please join us for SFU Health Research Day 2016: Networking for Innovation on Wednesday, May 4th, 2016! Don't miss out on a fulfilling day aimed at building collaborations across SFU, as we tackle pressing health issues ranging from Applications & Challenges of Big Data for Health Research to Climate Change, Health & Disease (see http://at.sfu.ca/PJSEWM for a full list of dialogue topics). Through dialogue, we will build resilience and invoke a culture of risk-taking within the SFU health research community, paving the way for SFU to become a strong contender in a highly competitive field of research and innovation. For more information on SFU Health Research Day, please visit http://at.sfu.ca/dyUlTF

DATE: Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
TIME: 8:30am to 2:45am
VENUE: SFU Surrey, 250-13450 102nd Ave, Surrey, BC

EVENT PROGRAM:

8:30am: Registration | Breakfast | Give & Take Wall
9:00am: Opening & Introduction by Dr. Joy Johnson & Shauna Sylvester
9:35am: Dialogue Breakout Session I
10:30am: Coffee Break & Poster Display
10:45am: Plenary I
11:05am: Dialogue Breakout Session II
12:00pm: Plenary II
12:15pm: Lunch | Poster Display | Give & Take Wall
1:00pm: Keynote Presentation by Dr. Alan Bernstein, President & CEO of the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research
2:00pm: MarketPlace of Ideas
2:40pm: Conclusion by Dr. Joy Johnson

PRESENT A POSTER AT SFU HEALTH RESEARCH DAY 2016 & WIN A CASH PRIZE! (Deadline extended to Friday, April 15th)

We welcome graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to present a poster on their work related to health research. Two cash prizes of $200 each will be awarded to the best poster presented by a Master's student, and by a PhD student or post-doctoral fellow.

To register a poster presentation, please visit: http://at.sfu.ca/hkmASx. The deadline to submit a poster presentation is Friday, April 15th, 2016 at 12:00PM.