Notice of Opportunity for SSHRC's Council/L’avis de possibilité de nomination au Conseil du CRSH

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Le français suit.

Dear CARA members,

The Privy Council Office has recently posted the notice of opportunity for vacancies on SSHRC’s governing council on its website, (https://www.appointments-nominations.gc.ca/), with a closing date of 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on June 5, 2017.

As you may know, the Government of Canada has developed a new more transparent process for Governor in Council (GIC) appointments. Among the major changes to the process is the public posting of available positions, for which all interested and qualified candidates may apply.

The members of SSHRC’s governing Council are distinguished representatives from the academic, not-for-profit, public and private sectors appointed by the Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister, following a formal selection process led by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada. In order to reach the greatest number of potentially qualified candidates, SSHRC encourages you to share the notice with your network.

For further information, please contact Tim Russwurm, Manager, Corporate Governance (tim.russwurm@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca).

Thank you for your cooperation.

Matthew Lucas, PhD
Executive Director   | Directeur exécutif
Corporate Strategy and Performance
| Stratégie et rendement organisationnels
Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
Conseil de recherches en sciences humaines du Canada

350 Albert Street
|  350, rue Albert, Ottawa, ON   K1P 6G4
E  |  C   matthew.lucas@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca
T  613-944-6230   FAX  |  TÉLÉC.  613-996-4824
www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca