GEN: Midpoint of our Plagiarism Seminar

Plagiarism
10 - 30 March, 2003
Moderator:  Steve Scadding

During the first week of our Plagiarism seminar we dug into the issues.
* Why do students plagiarize?
* Is it a symptom of deeper problems in our educational system?
* Has the incidence of plagiarism actually increased or are we just getting
better at detecting it?

During Week 2 we're beginning to work on solutions.
* What tools and resources are available to help us to detect plagiarism?
* What are the best practices for dealing with plagiarism?

During our final week we will address the ultimate solution -- how to
develop a culture of academic integrity.

Please join us! At GEN we understand how busy our members are. Latecomers
and newcomers are always welcome!

Self register:
<http://vu.cs.sfu.ca/vu/tlnce/PublicReg/>

GEN members may access the seminar directly:
<http://vu.cs.sfu.ca/vu/tlnce/cgi-bin/VG/VF_dspcnf.cgi?ci=201>

Did you misplace your GEN password? Send a quick note to scurrie@sfu.ca.

--
Sylvia Currie, Coordinator
Global Educators' Network

Spread the word about GEN. Please forward this message!