*Medical Statistician – Full-time Position*
Applications are invited for a rich opportunity in a medical research setting located in Edmonton, Alberta. The research group is housed within the Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology at the University of Alberta and is directed by Neesh Pannu MD SM and Scott Klarenbach MD MSc. The medical statistician will work on a variety of statistical analysis and data management tasks. Opportunities for publication.
* Searches, obtains, and reviews literature to determine appropriate
statistical techniques as required.
* Designs and implements statistical analyses.
* Performs data cleaning and data management.
* Assists in the preparation of data for scientific presentations,
research manuscripts and grant proposals.
* Candidates for this position will have a MSc/MMath in Statistics
with at least one year of relevant work experience. PStat or AStat
* Candidates with courses in Generalized Linear Models, Survival
Analysis, Clinical Trials, Decision Analysis, Meta-Analysis,
and/or undergraduate Computer Programming will be given priority.
* Strong communication, organizational, time management,
interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
* Proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office applications.
* Excellent computing skills with software packages such as Stata,
SAS, and/or Splus/R.
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Effective communication of statistical ideas both oral and written
with health researchers.
This grant funded opportunity will start as soon as an appropriate candidate is selected. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education. This position is full-time.
Individuals interested in this excellent opportunity should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three references as soon as possible to:
*Neesh Pannu MD SM FRCP*
*Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology,*
*Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta*
*11-107 CSB, 8440 – 112 Street
Natasha Wiebe, BMath MMath PStat
Department of Medicine (Division of Nephrology), University of Alberta
Kidney Health Research Group (KHRG)
Alberta Health Technology Assessment Coalition (AHTAC)
Alberta Kidney Disease Network (AKDN)
Interdisciplinary Chronic Disease Collaboration (ICDC)
3048 RTF, 8308 114 St, Edmonton AB, T6G 2V2 Canada
Ph: 780 407-1532 Fax: 780 407-3270www.ualberta.ca/~nwiebe
d-ssc mailing list