Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Senior Biostatistician Position
Date: 10 October, 2011 1:47:47 PM PDT
Hi Professor Lockhart,
This is from Wei. I got this message and thought it may be of any interest to your graduates. Could you pass around this information around your department?
I am just following
up with you to see if you are aware of anyone else who may be a possible viable
candidate for the Sr. Biostatistician role with OptumRx. I understand that
you have already taken another position so you are no longer personally
interested. I would very much appreciate it if you are able to let me know
of anyone else who could be a candidate. Thank you very
Rosburg | Senior
Corporate Recruiter - Clinical Team
firstname.lastname@example.org | P:
952/936-3952 | F: 952/936-3080
THERE’S SOMETHING GREATER
AT WORK HERE
with us via:
|Sr. Biostatistician for OptumRx - Irvine, CA - 365576|
| Click here to view this job on the UnitedHealth Group Careers Web Site
We are looking for a Senior Biostatistician join our biostatistics team in Irvine, CA location. The Senior Biostatistician will perform statistical modeling and data analysis services and assumes overall responsibility for the successful execution of assigned projects. The Senior Biostatistician will provide statistical analyses and consultation for researchers or clinicians investigating clinical safety of therapeutics, conducting pharmacoeconomic analyses, or evaluating the effectiveness of clinical programs.
- Identify, evaluate, customize, and develop statistical approaches to address existing and potential statistical analysis and modeling needs for clinical programs and outcome research.
- Collaborate with researchers or clinicians to design statistical analyses, gather and analyze data to yield meaningful conclusions about important questions related to clinical safety of therapeutics, pharmacoeconomic analyses, or effectiveness of clinical programs.
- Perform multivariate analyses and develop statistical models (regression, survival, risk prediction, etc.) and associated algorithms.
- Develop and validate SAS programs to support statistical analyses.
- Train and mentor junior biostatisticians.
- Statistical causal inference based on observational data.
- Master degree in Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, or related quantitative fields is required. Ph.D. is preferred.
- MS with 5+ or Ph.D. with 2+ years work place experience in statistical or biostatistical analyses
- Ability to design complex statistical analyses, perform efficiently large data analysis, and interpret results of data analysis to ensure validity of conclusions.
- Experience in observational studies based on large amount of data is preferred
- Proficiency in SAS programming, especially SAS Macro.
- Large data processing and analysis experience using SAS
- Relational database and SQL experience
- Ability to work independently without or with very minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- A problem solver with attention to details
- Experience in medical and pharmacy claim data analysis is not required but desired
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
©2011 UnitedHealth Group, All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks of UnitedHealth Group Inc.