Please bring this employment opportunity to the attention of
any potential candidates. Applicants will need to apply online by
Feb 29, 2012 using the link found in the job ad below:http://www.healthjobs.ab.ca/Jobs.Calgary.Senior-Statistical-Analyst.HC-11-307.aspx
Alternatively, they can find the job and corresponding links from the main
Career page by entering the job title "Senior Statistical Analyst" in the
search field on this page:
Position: Senior Statistical Analyst
Posting #: HC-11-307
Type: Full Time
Location: Holy Cross
Unit/Dept: Population Health & Info – Screening Programs
Date Posted: 2011-11-09
Closed Date: 2012-02-29 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: 1/30/2012
Hours of Work:
10 shifts @7.75 hours / 2 weeks
Salary/Benefits: Professional Career Stream, P-3. Salary will commensurate
with education and experience
Reporting to the Manager, Information Management in the Cancer Screening
Programs Portfolio, this position is at the senior working level and is
responsible for high level data analyses, information management and
statistical analyses. Work involves proficiency in the statistical
analysis/information management support of the various population based
Cancer Screening Programs. This position also is responsible for drafting
various reports and technical writings to support the Cancer Screening
• Provide technical assistance and support to leadership and staff on
Information Management statistical activities.
• Involved with application development to ensure the statistical
requirements needed for the various programs are outlined and captured.
• Perform high level statistical data analysis and modeling for different
levels of use, including facilitating evaluation and research as well as
• Conducts 1M operational functions including date normalization, routine
statistical tasks and QA checks to ensure day-to-day operations of the
• Plans and produces statistical analyses, interpretations, graphs, and
reports for screening programs.
• Assists in the development and training of junior staff and provides
• Serves as a team member on project teams to assist with developing data
collection plans, operational definitions and to provide teaching of
statistical analysis to project teams
• Monitor and ensure data integrity and validity, including feedback
loops for data quality assurance.
• Works with and supports program areas to develop and monitor quality
performance indicators, outcome measures and data quality issues.
• Presents data findings and provides support to the program in various
committees and meetings
• Liaises with internal and external stakeholders related to provision
and interpretation of data for statistical and reporting needs.
• A relevant degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health
Research or equivalent.
• Population Health statistics and/or Masters Degree an asset.
• Must have demonstrated competency in working with large databases,
statistical software SAS, MS Office products including MS Project, Visio
and graphing/reporting functions. Knowledge of GIS Mapping
tools/techniques is an asset.
• Must have demonstrated problem solving skills, mentoring skills, clear
and concise verbal and written communication skills, technical writing
skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced, task oriented environment
and manage multiple priorities.
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision as
well as work effectively in teams. Track record of publications and
experience with population based data is an asset.
This position is subject to the Alberta Health Services - Management and
Out of Scope Staff General Terms and Conditions of Employment. Note:
Applications will be received until February 29, 2012.
Karen A. Kopciuk, Ph.D.
Population Health Research,
Alberta Health Services
- Cancer Care,
and Adjunct Assistant Professor,
Departments of Oncology, & Mathematics and Statistics,
University of Calgary
New Mailing address (Nov 1, 2011)
Alberta Heath Services
Box ACB, 2210-2nd St SW
Calgary, AB, T2S 3C3
Phone: (403) 698-8051 (NEW)
Fax: (403) 270-8003