Begin forwarded message:
Subject: [d-ssc] Biostatistical and Data Management Support Analyst - Queen's University
Date: January 30, 2014 at 7:29:04 AM PST
UNIVERSITY - GENERAL STAFF
POSITION TITLE: Biostatistical and Data Management Support
and Molecular Medicine
POSITION NUMBER: 00501343
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2014
Reporting to the Director of the Queen's Genomics
Facility, the incumbent will advance the research
initiatives of Clinical Faculty within the Department of
Pathology and Molecular Medicine by providing statistical,
bioinformatics and image analysis support on research
projects. The incumbent will also provide researchers with
data management support including providing data storage
solutions and assisting with data entry and manipulation.
The incumbent will analyze research data from a
variety of platforms, including, but not limited to,
microarray, next generation sequencing, Nanostring,
bright-field or fluorescence microscopy.
- Provide statistical guidance to
researchers to assist with experimental design.
- Provide statistical analysis of genomic,
proteomic or image-derived data from a variety of
- Assist with data management and data
storage, manipulation, annotation and entry.
- Provide analysis services for
researchers with biomarker datasets.
- Train faculty, researchers and junior
staff in the use of key bioinformatics tools.
- Assist with the development of a
departmental analysis platform at the HPCVL.
- Master's Degree in Science, Statistics
- Experience with bioinformatics or image
analysis tools, both freeware and commercial, including
those used to analyze large datasets for genomic,
proteomic or quantitative image data, is an asset.
- Experience with database construction
- Ability to analyze, annotate and filter
large biomarker datasets.
- Familiarity with lab information
management systems and clinical databases.
- Proficiency in "R" statistical
programming language and programming skills considered an
- Excellent verbal and written
communications skills in order to work with multiple
researchers or on various research projects
- Possess a high degree of attention to
- Good organizational and planning skills,
ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Analytical, interpretive and
- Ability to synthesize information from a
wide variety of sources.
- Work with the Principal Investigators to
determine the appropriate analytical approaches and
statistical techniques to be used.
- Determine how to effectively collect,
analyze and store data.
- Respond to inquiries from researchers
and determine where to redirect more complex inquiries.
- Determine how to prioritize tasks in
order to manage multiple projects from a variety of
RESEARCH POSITIONS ONLY:
- Is this position technical in nature in a lab or
lab-related area? Yes
- Does this position support a research project? Yes
If yes, indicate name of the project:
- Does this position report directly to a Principal
If yes, indicate name of the PI: Dr. Harriet Feilotter