Begin forwarded message:
Subject: [d-ssc] Limited term Biostatistical Analyst position for the BCCA-CSI and UBC-Southern Medical Program
Date: May 8, 2014 at 4:56:25 PM PDT
Temporary Full Time (until June 1, 2015)
$32.36/hr - $40.38/hr
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The position is located at the BCCA, Sindi Ahluwalia Hawkins Centre for the Southern Interior and is in partnership with the Southern Medical Program of the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Medicine with a 50/50 split commitment for the two organizations. The Biostatistical Analyst performs a variety of duties related to the analysis and interpretation of cancer control data, conducts statistical analyses, advises on the creation of databases in support of cancer control, and serves as a resource on statistical methodology and outcome evaluation. Provides assistance to clinicians/researchers undertaking statistical outcome analyses for tumour groups and programs.
- Conducts statistical analysis and interprets data using a variety of established and newly developed statistical software.
- Interprets statistical analyses and makes recommendations. Drafts reports of statistical findings for publication.
- Develops and advises on the study design for clinical trials, including randomization procedures and selection of outcome measures in order to achieve the study objectives in collaboration with clinical and research staff. Writes statistical methodology sections of grant proposals. Identifies problem areas and study limitations. Participates in a variety of committees related to clinical trials and outcome evaluation activities.
- Educates cancer agency and UBC-SMP staff such as tumour groups, medical research and clinical trial coordinators regarding statistical methodology, analysis and reporting of clinical findings for evidence-based outcome analysis. Trains staff on how to use agency wide statistical software.
- Responds to a variety of questions from research staff regarding study design, interpretation, statistical methodology and software.
Education, Training and Experience
- MSc in biostatistics or MSc in statistics with graduate courses that concentrated in biostatistics.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience including experience in analysis and interpretation of medical/health related data such as Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Health Economics and Biostatistics or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing and evaluating data.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft operating systems, Excel, Access, and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to use statistical software, S-PLUS, SAS, SPSS.
- Demonstrated ability to perform scientific computer programming and database querying.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate consensus in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct a variety of staff in statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to provide education on statistical concepts to a variety of people.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system. Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
d-ssc mailing firstname.lastname@example.org://three.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/d-ssc