Richard Lockhart, Professor
Stat & Act Sci; Simon Fraser Univ.
Phone: (778) 782-3264
Burnaby BC V5A 1S6 FAX: (778) 782-4368
Begin forwarded message:
Subject: [d-ssc] BC Public Service Career Opportunity - Economic Analyst - Victoria BC - Ministry of Finance
Date: May 15, 2015 at 11:15:06 AM PDT
_______________________________________________General information about the mailing list is at:http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/d-sscIf you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch toor from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit yoursubscription page at:http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/options/d-ssc/You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:firstname.lastname@example.org the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include thequotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.______________________________d-ssc mailing email@example.com://pairlist3.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/d-ssc
Salary $58,915.64 - $67,319.53 annually
The Labour Market Information Office creates and maintains immigration and labour market information products and services. The unit provides subject matter expertise and advice to support immigration and labour market planning, decisions and investments within the Labour Market and Immigration Division, other ministries, as well as by employers and individuals.
The Economist will manage the analysis and reporting of immigration data, as well as provide expert advice on data quality and interpretation. Working closely with immigration and labour market economists and researchers within the unit, you will be responsive to information and analysis needs of clients. With your thorough knowledge and background in Economics, you are a flexible and highly analytical thinker who efficiently balances ongoing maintenance work with fast-paced project support. As a team player, you work collaboratively within your team and support the unit, branch and division activities as needed.
In order for applicants to be considered for this position, their resume must clearly demonstrate that they have the following:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related field (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences) and 2 years related experience in an economic and/or data analysis environment; or
- Master’s degree in Economics or related field and at least 6 months related experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with large databases.
- Experience in MS Office Suite, Excel and statistical software (SPSS, SAS or others)
- Experience working with immigration data would be an asset.
Related experience may include:
- Experience conducting economic and statistical analysis
- Experience providing advise and/or assistance in the use and interpretation of data
- Experience developing technical or statistical reports and presenting to internal or external non-technical audiences
- Experience preparing issue papers, briefing notes, estimates
For more information on this exciting career opportunity including how to apply by June 4th 2015, please visit:https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=25932