Begin forwarded message:
"Mangra, Chitra" <firstname.lastname@example.org
October 25, 2016 at 10:11:41 AM PDTTo: email@example.comSubject: [d-ssc] Job Opportunity: Statistical Scientist (Biostatistician Level 3)
Title: Statistical Scientist (Biostatistician Level 3)
Division: US Medical Affairs
Location: Mississauga Head Office
2 Positions Available!
- You will be aligned therapeutically with cross-functional Medical Affairs teams to provide statistical and analytical leadership in the development and execution of medical strategies, plans and projects.
- Like other team members in Biostatistics, you will be responsible for the statistical integrity, adequacy and accuracy of pre-launch, launch and post-marketing clinical studies other
investigations and assessments, including exploratory analyses.
- As such, you will be a standing member of the assigned Medical Team, may also lead Biostatistics teams, as well as participate in other cross-functional projects or working teams.
- Given the nature of their positions, statistical scientists also work closely with their counterparts in Pharmaceutical Development and potentially Pharmaceutical Research and
Early Development to align clinical data and statistics across varying drug development phases.
- You will be expected to perform your responsibilities with increased expertise and independence.
- Where assigned, you will also act as Medical Affairs representatives in related review and decision-making forums or committees, including, where applicable, representing
Biostatistics input and data in health authority meetings, presentations and communications.
- All Roche employees are expected to effectively contribute to cross-functional collaboration and coordination and comply with all laws, regulations, policies & procedures that govern our business.
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements. Years of experience listed below can be substituted with equivalent, relevant competency levels.
- PhD + 4 years’ experience or Masters Degree + 7 years’ experience in statistics/biostatistics (PhD is preferred)
- 4 or more years' clinical trial experience (experience in clinical trials through at least 2 complete trials/registries or comprehensive product exploratory analysis projects)
- In-depth knowledge of ICH-GCP and other relevant standards and guidelines
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of theoretical and applied statistics
- In-depth knowledge of Phase IV/post-marketing drug development (knowledge of or experience with Phase I - III drug development is preferred)
- Extensive experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance
Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
The successful incumbent must be legally permitted to travel to the United States for business purposes.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter and resume no later than November 4th, 2016.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
If you are interested, please click on the link to apply:Statistical Scientist
Talent Acquisition Manager
Hoffmann-La Roche Limited
7070 Mississauga Road
Mississauga, Ontario L5N 5M8
Bus: 905-542-5555 ext. 4549
Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the
use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
and delete this message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in
this message is prohibited.
To the extent that the above is a CEM (Commercial Electronic Message), click UNSUBSCRIBE if you do not wish to receive such messages in the future or click here if you wish to SUBSCRIBE
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.