The Department of Statistics at the University of Manitoba invites applications for one full-time statistical consultant position at the rank of research associate, commencing January 1, 2018, or on a date mutually agreed upon. This position
provides a range of services to students, faculty and clients from industry including statistical advice, analysis and training. Clients can come from a wide variety of areas including medicine, environment, business and government. The initial position
is a two year term, and will be continued subject to the successful completion of the term and availability of funding.
* A minimum of an M.Sc. in Statistics or related field and 3 years of statistical consulting or data analysis experience;
* Excellent oral and written communication and project management skills;
* Expertise in statistical computing with SAS, R and SPSS;
* Teaching experience in statistical consulting would be an asset;
* Experience in modern statistical methods and quality control would be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide statistical consulting services to internal and external clients;
* Collaborate with other units on data driven projects;
* Train and mentor undergraduate and graduate students in statistical consulting;
* Conduct statistical data analysis workshops and training sessions to various internal and external groups;
* Participate in teaching statistical consulting courses;
* Develop and maintain new contacts with external clients including academic, industry and government.
Please send applications (by e-mail or hard copy) to:
Department of Statistics
The University of Manitoba
Canada, R3T 2N2
Telephone: 204-474-9801, Fax: 204-474-7621
Please include: a) a cover letter, b) a curriculum vitae, c) a statement of statistical consulting philosophy and d) evidence of statistical consulting and data analyses (if available). Also arrange to have two letters of reference sent directly
to the above address. Applications are due on or before October 15, 2017. Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection and privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
Act (Manitoba)". Please note that curricula vitae may be provided to participating members of the search process.
More information cane found at
Liqun Wang, Professor and Head
Department of Statistics
quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.