I would like to bring to your attention the following job opportunity. I'd appreciate it if you could pass this email to any interested applicants. Please feel free to email me any questions regarding the position or the company.
802-777 W Broadway
Vancouver BC V5Z 1J5
MTEK Sciences is a health research company specializing in pattern
recognition in health outcomes. We are currently looking for a Senior
Statistician to join our growing team of Statisticians, Epidemiologists, and
Clinical Experts. The Senior Statistician will report to the managing Directors
and work closely with all members of the team. The primary responsibility of
the senior statistician will be to contribute to the design and analysis plans
of innovative clinical studies for global health interventions.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Statistician include,
but are not limited to:
- Design and perform simulation studies to inform the design of innovative clinical trials;
- Develop software for design and analysis of clinical trials;
- Develop expertise in collating and analyzing large (and often heterogeneous) data sets;
- Develop expertise and methods of statistics applied to global health research questions;
- Support and lead development of manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific and medical journal;
- Lead the preparation of statistical analysis plans;
- Supervise and support research associates and project managers in data management.
- PhD or MSc in Statistics or Biostatistics;
- Demonstrated ability in scientific writing
(e.g., published first author manuscripts);
- Highly proficient in one or more of the main
statistical software packages (e.g., R, SAS);
- Effective communication, interpersonal and
conflict resolution skills; ability to work effectively independently and in a
team environment and to maintain a high level of efficiency and accuracy;
- Proficiency in Bayesian statistics an asset.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts.
Efforts have been made to make the job description as complete as possible.
However, due to changing workforce requirements, specified outlined duties may
change. Thus, the omission of certain areas does not exclude accountability or
General information about the mailing list is at: http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/d-ssc
If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your
subscription page at:http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/options/d-ssc/
You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:
with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the
quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.
d-ssc mailing list