Would you please be able to circulate the following posting from Roche Canada. I've included the link to our posting below:
Statistical Programming & Analysis
Programming & Analysis
Location: Mississauga Head Office
The Manager of the Statistical
Programming & Analysis (SPA) has people management responsibilities for a
team supporting on one or more PD, pRED or gRED clinical development projects
(e.g. molecule or indication) in the SPA department. In a direct lead SPA role
or via reports, in this role, he/she is responsible for completion of the SPA
deliverables on the assigned project(s) in a timely manner, with high quality
and consistent with the global SPA’s strategic intent. The job holder delivers
solutions to Biometrics and SPA on global non-molecular initiatives.
- Through (some may directly) senior team members with an assigned project
lead role, she/he leads the statistical programming support on a defined
portfolio of clinical projects locally or globally, including resource planning
and effective implementation
- Responsible for understanding, providing input on and disseminating global
strategy within and across TAs; recommending process improvements.
- Provides leadership on statistical programming software solutions and their
- Responsible for providing guidance on the statistical programming strategy
on the projects assigned to her/his team in line with strategic intent.
- Ensures that the agreed objectives, standards, deadlines and other
requirements with respect to specifications, development, quality assurance and
delivery are attained in accordance with applicable processes.
- Ensure decision-making authority is consistently delegated to the person
with the most appropriate skill level.
- Establish and maintain effective interfaces and close collaborations with
internal and external peers, partners and stakeholders; ensure effective
coordination and communication.
- Take a leading role on global strategic non-molecular projects especially
with regard to process definition, data processing and data analysis reporting
- May perform other project responsibilities according to those of senior
2. People Development and
- Line management responsibility for individual contributors including setting
of individual accountabilities and objectives and performance evaluation on an
ongoing basis and at regular review sessions.
- Responsible for recruiting and retaining talent, development and performance
assessment of her/his direct reports consistent with department approach and
ensures all members of the group have clear roles and responsibilities along
with understanding of the same;
- Coaches direct reports, for example by the use of informal regular project
reviews or preparation for cross-functional review meetings and by reviewing
- Actively participate and provide assistance in development planning with
direct reports by setting clear expectations according to the individual
development goals, provide appropriate resources and remove obstacles to help
employee succeed; Ensure appropriate skill development and appropriate
implementation of the global training curriculum.
- Support change efforts by ensuring that reports understand rationale and
background information and monitors the implementation of change efforts
- Assist with the establishment and cultivation of innovation and continuous
- The Manager may have approximately 4-5 reports with some direct project
involvement or 8-10 direct reports without direct project involvements.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in statistics, biological sciences, computer
science or other equivalent discipline and experience. At least 6 years relevant
experience in clinical research with emphasis in the development and support of
the analysis of clinical data. At least 2 years team development comprised of
statistical programmers. Knowledge and experience with international clinical
research and drug development.
- In-depth knowledge of GCP, international regulations, guidelines and their
application to global drug development; advanced use and understanding of
applied statistical methods and multiple analytical software & tools; up to
date with relevant analytical solution trends across industries; Experience with
managing intensive data exploration assignments, and with setting analytical
strategy for multiple parallel critical projects.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical and entrepreneurial mindset,
forward thinking, results driven orientation and strong drive for innovative
- Possesses excellent planning, organizational and analytic abilities, manages
multiple tasks. Ability to identify and resolve critical issues and to assess
the impact of decisions.
- Effectively use presentation skills to communicate insights from exploratory
analysis and influence analytical strategy
- Comfortable interacting with many levels of management across multiple
functions; Able to build strong working relationships with appropriate personnel
in other functional groups within and outside of the Biometrics organization
- Experience leading projects and able to motivate others, especially without
formal authority over them
- Recommend, lead, and implements change efforts, identify areas for
improvement and oversee complex analysis to implement improvement
- Awareness of changing trends in the industry; Embraces and endorses change;
Ability to see and communicate the big picture of clinical development and
- Ability to take smart risks
Qualified candidates are
encouraged to submit cover letter and resume no later than January 5,
This position is not eligible
for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally
authorized to work in Canada.
NOTE: All employment is conditional
upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including
educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has
not been granted) checks.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and
prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche
will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants
with disabilities in our recruitment process
NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited
resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed
Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or
agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a
recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed
agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those
candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.